Saturday 19 November 2011

Lombard: Chael Sonnen is boring as f---

Bellator Fighting Championships middleweight title holder Hector Lombard (30-2-1 MMA, 7-0 BFC) boasts one of the most impressive winning streaks in all of mixed martial arts, but he's not exactly a household name.

Chael Sonnen fell short in his bid to unseat UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva, yet he's one of the most sought-after fighters in all of the sport. That doesn't sit well with Lombard.

"Chael Sonnen talks [expletive] about everything and the guy is boring as [expletive]," Lombard said. "His style is boring as hell, and he talks [expletive] all the time – offending a lot of people. That's just not my style. I don't have to talk [expletive]. I let my actions speak in the cage."

Lombard faces Trevor Prangley in a 195-pound non-title bout at this Saturday's Bellator 58 event, which airs on MTV2. Lombard carries an incredible 24-fight unbeaten streak into the contest. By comparison, Sonnen has lost nine times in his past 24 appearances.

Lombard doesn't get it. Talking beats winning?

"I don't go all ghetto because I don't think that's what this sport needs," Lombard said. "But I feel like I have the most haters in the business."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive