Friday 18 November 2011

Jack 'STONE' Mason On A Mission

CAGE WARRIORS will return to the HMV Forum in Kentish Town, London on February 18, 2012 and appearing on the card will be Jack ‘The Stone’ Mason, one of the UK’s top middleweights.

Mason is desperate to return to action in order to show Cage Warriors fans exactly what he’s capable of by bouncing back from two consecutive CWFC defeats that leave his professional record at 17-9-0.

In spite of those losses – against top quality international opposition in the shape of Brian Foster and Norman Paraisy – Mason is more determined than ever to succeed.

“It seems like it’s been ages since I last fought,” said Mason, whose last bout saw him suffer a first round defeat to ex-UFC star Foster in London on October 1.

“It will be about a five-month gap between fights, which is a long break for me. It’ll probably do me good to take the time out from fighting and just improve my skills, get some rest and work on my weak areas.

“I can tell you now though that I’m itching to fight again and February can’t come soon enough. I’d get in there next week if I could. I’m really excited about getting back in the Cage Warriors cage and getting back on track.”

Mason was submitted by Brian Foster after 2.15 of Round 1 of their 181lbs catchweight bout at Cage Warriors 44 last month. The 29-year-old was winded by a heavy kick from Foster, before the Oklahoma native pounced and locked in a guillotine choke.

“I was hugely disappointed with how that fight went,” explained Mason. “I’m not over it but I’ve accepted that getting caught like that was just one of those things and it’s just put fire in my belly to improve and come back much better.

“Even in sparring now, I think about getting caught by Foster’s spinning back-kick and about ways I can avoid something like that in the future. I will be a different animal now that I’ve had time to reflect on the areas I need to improve.

“Foster was exceptional – he was clinical and brutal when he needed to be. Fighting him taught me what I need to improve on to take my game to the next level.”

In the aftermath of the Foster defeat, Mason expressed his hopes of securing a shot at the vacant CWFC middleweight title in 2012, an opportunity that may well come his way.

The Chelmsford native said: “That’s my goal and I’m 100 per cent focused on achieving it. I really believe that I can.

“It sounds silly but even though I’ve had 26 professional fights, I still feel like a beginner. I’ve learnt so much in my career so far but I feel a long way from reaching my potential.

“I’ve had ups and downs in my career already and I’ve been in there with some of the best in the world. No one can ever say that I haven’t tested myself.

“I feel that now is my time to really make a run for the CWFC title. I’ve got a great team around me and I’m willing to make all the sacrifices to make this happen for me. I really want the CWFC middleweight belt.”

With a busy schedule on the horizon in 2012, Cage Warriors will continue to make regular announcements over the coming weeks and months.

For news on Jack Mason’s opponent, as well as further additions to the Cage Warriors 45 card, keep up to date with Cage Warriors on Twitter and Facebook.


Cage Warriors Fighting Championships now available LIVE in USA, Canada, UK, Ireland & Africa via the following TV partners:
         

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive