Thursday 20 October 2011

MMABLOGSPOT exclusive interview with TUF 14 star Akira Corrasani

This is another MMABLOGSPOT exclusive with TUF14 contestant & Team Bisping member  Hamid 'Akira' Corrasani, we are only a few episodes in and already are very entertained by Akira's fighting and his practical jokes. We cant wait to see more of him in the future so lets see what he has to say:



How long have you been doing mma?
I started training MMA at the age of 22 so I have been doing it
for 7 years. But as you know, I am from the streets so with that said I have been doing it for 20 years! haha


How did you get into it? And who was your heroes?
I wanted to express myself in a physical way, I have always been doing sports but I needed something deeper, something more challenging than soccer or tennis!
Growing up Van Damme was the coolest thing I thought, I was so pissed of as a kid when Tang Po treated Mei Li like that! I wanted to beat Tang Po up but I grew up
and realized that he did not exsist so I started with MMA!

The only hero I have ever had is my mom, she is a tiger!

So how does it feel to qualify to be in the TUF house?
It is a totally different thing to participate than watching it. It felt awesome to get in, fight often and have a cool experience!

And knocking out Brian Pearman in 1st round?
The moment I knocked him out I felt aaaaaaaawesome but then I felt a little bad!
He had to go home and I put myself in his shoes... Then I felt aaaaaawesome again, I got my ass in to the house!

You are known to be a bit of a joker! Whets the best stunt you pulled
in the house?
I will not tell you that haha! You will have to watch and see, it is going to get crazier and crazier!

Do you think you got the right coach?
Both Bisping and Miller are awesome but very different. Today I am very happy to have been a part of Team Bisping!

How does it feel being coached by The Count?
Mike has an aggressive coaching style and it worked fine for me. In the end it is you who are fighting, not your coach.
You got to get the job done yourself!


Is there anyone in there you don’t get on with?
No not really, I just preferred to hang out with certain guys!

What are your strong points? What do you think you need to train
harder in?
Everything! Marital Arts is a never ending story, I love it!


If you make it into the UFC who would your dream match up be?
Brock Lesnar!

If you could fight anyone in any weight class in any organization who
would it be?
Brock Lesnar


Tell mmablogspot your pick for The Finale between Bisping and Mayhem!
Bsiping will knock Miller out with an English Horse Kick!

We want to wish the best to Akira he is already are star ! Follow Akira on Twitter . And now on the AKIRA SHOW.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive