Friday 7 October 2011

MMABLOGSPOT exclusive interview with Phil 'The NewYork BadAss' Baroni

Today we interviewed Phil Baroni. This guy is a real fighter and entertainer,hes fought under many banners including the UFC,PRIDE,STRIKEFORCE,EliteXC, and the UK’s own Cage Rage back in 2008,
Phil has now found himself a new home at the ONE fc where he feels he has a fresh start, let’s see what else he’s got to say:

Dude gotta start on a bum note!
How does it feel to be cut by the UFC for the 2nd time?

"Fucking blowed at the time. You really got to start there. This is going
To be a great interview. LOL!!!"

If you could avenge any of your losses who would it be against?

"It really don't matter much. They were all at times when they were
Very important. You can’t go back. But the Shamrock loss was pretty bad
And if I had won that fight I think I’d be in a better position than I
Am now in my career. That Evan Tanner loss was bad. Man they all suck
Hurt and set you back. Any more depressing questions LOL?"

You have gone 1-1 in two different organizations, where would you call
Home right now? Why?

"I like ONE FC I like the feel of it. I feel
Like have a fresh start there and a clean slate. I want to leave
The past behind me. I need to break the mould if I’m going to be
Successful in this stage of my career. I feel ONE FC is a great place
For me to do just that and get my swagger back. I like being a road
Warrior. I don't mind fighting on the road. In fact I had a lot of
Success on the road, its different exotic fighting in SE Asia. There
Is just something sexy about that show for me. I really like Titan
FC and I have a fight set up with them in the future"


What would your dream matchup be?
 
I would love to win a major title.
That’s the fight Id somehow like to get for myself.

If you could fight any division under any banner who
Would it be?
 
Well the big fights in the UFC. That’s where you want to
Be winning. Everything that goes with winning in the UFC is what a
Fighter wants. Respect, Money, Fame and the UFC is where you will get
The most of that.


How you think the British scene matches up with the U.S scene?


"I think It’s growing and there are some successful promoters in the UK. The UK
Fans are hard core. I like the scene. I had a big KO win in the UK. It
Was great fighting in the UK"
(Phil was talking bout the 1st round KO of Scott Jansen)


Who would you like to fight From or in the UK at the minute?
 
"There is some Really tough fighters from the UK . Daily, Bisping, good top tier
Talent. There are a lot of big fights for me in the UK at 170. Who
Knows maybe a fight with Hardy would be good down the road for me."


Do you think you will be a British fan favourite? Entertainer?


"I Think I’m a favourite anyplace I go. I fight hard and leave it all in the
Cage. Any real fight fan appreciates the effort I put forth."

What do you think to fighters not cutting weight, and making comments?
On social networks (Paul Daily)?

"I’m not sure what Paul daily said but
I’m a fan of that guy. I like his style and he is a rough dude. A real
Fighter. He is gully."


Who would you rather fight Nate Marquardt/Tom Kong Watson?


"Watson Is real tough and kind of under the radar. He is better than his name
Would suggest. So I’d rather fight Nate, Nate has a bigger reputation
And beating him would mean more to the general public. He has been
Around a long time and has always been successful. He has been at the
Top tier of the sport for a very long time. It’s crazy when you think
About it. From pancreas days. He is kind of legendary to the hard core
Fans of yesteryear!"




I want to thank ‘THE NEW YORK BADASS’ for taking the time to answer our questions, I also want to thank my good friend Micky Dee for helping me
Put the questions together.
Follow these guys on Twitter:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive