Wednesday 5 October 2011

Jay Mortimore still wants Daymon Lake fight

HAVING been ruled out of his scheduled clash with Dayman Lake at Cage Warriors 44 due to a back injury, Jay Mortimore (6-2-0) has returned to light training at Lion’s Den in Exeter.
However, ‘Mean Streak’ has a long road ahead before making a full come-back. The 30-year-old hasn’t fought since his defeat to Andreas Kraniotakes at Cage Warriors Fight Night 1 in June and is therefore eager to get back in the cage.

“The injury is healing at last but it's taking time,” said Mortimore. “I did some light pad work last week and it held up okay so I went again on Monday night.

“My movement is still pretty limited and my back aches the next day so I've just got to ease back into training and be patient. I'm quite wary of lifting anything at the moment because I really don’t want to go through that again.

“I've had a few bad weeks since the injury and was quite low, to be honest. I had worked hard preparing as I knew the fight against Dayman Lake would be hard and then it was all over in a second.

“It was tough all the way up to the show. The card grew and grew, it had some of the best fighters on it and I was meant to be there too. That was gutting. I did really enjoy the show - as always - but I hated that I couldn't be part of it.

“People may think I'm biased because I'm signed to Cage Warriors, but I love the professionalism of the shows. There are no boring waiting times between fights and Ian Dean matches every bout to be exciting and entertaining. The commentators also know what they’re talking about and keep it interesting and informative.

“While I was watching the show I got that fire in my belly again and that’s going to drive me to get fight-fit so I can get back into that cage.

“I haven't been out of the octagon for this long in the last two years and I'm looking forward to fighting again soon. Look out future opponents!”

Mortimore admits that he was impressed by the manner in which Dayman Lake swept aside the challenge of Rab Truesdale after 1.24 of Round 1 at the HMV Forum on Saturday night.
He said: “Dayman seems confident and I really hope we get matched in the future. Fair play to Rab for taking that fight; too many UK fighters won’t take big fights because of records and things like that.

“With regards to the performance, not taking anything from either guy, but I don't think we got to see much of what either of them can really do. I do know for a fact that fighting me would be totally different. I'm going to get fight-fit and fight whoever Cage Warriors put in front of me.”

Cage Warriors Fighting Championships now available LIVE in USA, Canada, UK, Ireland & Africa via TV partners listed below
     

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive