Speaking via FOX Sports, Silva said:
“I believe that Okami is going to come very well prepared. I have no idea if he is going to stand up with me or try and take me down. I do know that he will be well prepared just like me. One thing I do know is I will be well prepared to represent my team and represent my work.”
“I’m just proud to be part of the history, to be part of the team that are UFC athletes. That is the thing I’m most proud of. It’s going to be great. The Brazilian fans are very rowdy and my message to the world [is] prepare yourself because it’s going to get rowdy.”
Silva will no doubt be looking for a measure of revenge after Okami defeated him back in 2006 via disqualification after “The Spider” landed an illegal up-kick from his back and the Japanese born fighter decided he was unable to continue on in the fight. Will the champion make a statement in this one and prove once again to the world why he’s considered the “pound for pound” best?

No comments:
Post a Comment