Friday 5 August 2011

UFC 133 – Vitor Belfort on fighting Yoshihiro Akiyama: “I’m looking to finish him”

UFC middleweight contender, Vitor Belfort has been giving his thoughts on his UFC 133 clash with Yoshihiro Akiyama this coming weekend in Philadelphia, explaining he’s stepping into the octagon looking to finish the fight from the beginning.
Speaking via UFC.com, Belfort said:
“He’s a very tough fighter. He’s well-rounded, he can take a punch, he can exchange, and he’s really dynamic. But my mind is tougher than ever. It’s so strong that no man can stop me. I’m focused on what I have to do to win, and I’m looking to finish. That’s how I’m stepping into the Octagon that night – I’m looking to finish him.”
“We have a goal. We’re gonna go to the end. Nothing can stop me. I have Akiyama now, he’s my next opponent, and I’m looking at him as being in front of my goal. I’m always climbing a mountain and I’m not giving up. I want to reach higher and nothing can stop a man when he puts in his mind and his heart that he wants to do it. I’m on my way right now.”
Belfort was last seen in action in February of this year and was quickly despatched by current UFC middleweight champion, Anderson Silva with a front kick to the face. Prior to that he’d stopped former champion, Rich Franklin in the very first round.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive