Thursday 4 August 2011

UFC 133 – Brian Ebersole explains his unique style isn’t disrespectful it just keeps him nice and loose

UFC welterweight veteran, Brian Ebersole has been giving his thoughts on his interesting clash with Dennis Hallman this coming weekend at UFC 133 in Philadelphia, as well as explaining his unique style has nothing to do with him being disrespectful and more to do with him being nice and loose inside the octagon.
Speaking via UFC.com, Ebersole said:

“I need to have fun when I fight. I told Matt Mitrione after he yelled at me at the UFC hotel after the fight (with Chris Lytle) about being disrespectful that I wasn’t trying to show anybody up or be disrespectful; that’s just the way I fight. It keeps me loose, and if I can keep myself entertained and happy, I keep on rhythm. I don’t see too many people that go to a dance club and have a crazy, serious look on their face, and that’s kinda how I feel – that’s me dancing, that’s my art. So I’m always gonna be fairly loose and playful, even if I’m getting hit or losing a fight by decision at the time. That’s how I keep my rhythm and myself going. When I tighten up and I look like I’m nervous or being reserved, there’s probably a reason for that; it’s probably because I’m worried about the guy or I felt something, whether it was power in his hands or the wrestling that he has that slowed me down.”
“I didn’t have a definition of what success was or a path set for me,” he said. “I was just doing it to do it. I didn’t know how to get into the UFC, I didn’t have a manager, I just did my own thing, and it was a way for me to compete. I had my wrestling career cut short due to an incident that got cleared up about nine months later, but I missed the whole wrestling season and that kept me from going back to the team. So I felt cheated out of part of my career, and I took blame as well knowing that I caused myself a bit of an issue. So I found a way to make up for that, and competing in MMA was that way.”

Ebersole made his octagon debut at UFC 127 in February, defeating another veteran in the form of Chris Lytle in impressive fashion via unanimous decision, catching him with a number of unorthodox strikes. He is currently on an eight fight winning streak.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive