Thursday 4 August 2011

Marloes Coenen comments on her release from Strikeforce, says the fans have united with Golden Glory

Former Strikeforce 135 pound women’s champion, Marloes Coenen has commented for the first time on her release from the California based promotions roster, saying the whole fight team are in this together and have been joined by their legions of fans.
Posting via her Twitter page, Coenen said:

“I want to thank all my fans for the overwhelming support & kindness. I can hardly wrap my head around the love you have [showed] me. You have supported me as a fighter & a representative of WMMA. And I genuinely thank you for this.”
“Golden Glory is more [than] a fight team; we’re a family. We are in this together and now I know the fans have joined us.”
When asked if she was contemplating hanging her gloves up for good following the cut, Coenen said:
“Never! Fighting = my life..when I’m back in [Netherlands]. I’ll be working out hard again. For now I can rest & recover here in the US.”
Coenen was just defeated for the Strikeforce women’s 135 pound title by powerhouse wrestler, Miesha Tate, with many expecting her to get back on the horse early next year and restart her quest to capture gold

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive