Wednesday 13 July 2011

Brian Bowles continues to campaign to be the next challenger for Dominick Cruz’s bantamweight title

Former WEC bantamweight champion, Brian Bowles has upped the ante this week when it comes to his claim of being the number one contender in the UFC’s 135 pound division, comparing and contrasting himself to his competition for the spot, Demetrious Johnson and putting himself ahead of him in the pecking order.


Speaking via MMAJunkie.com, Bowles said:
“I finish them faster than [Johnson] does, or I beat him more decisively than he does. I’ve been facing tougher opponents than Demetrious has, so that’s what makes me feel like I deserve it over him. Sometimes, it doesn’t really matter, and they make the decisions, so you kind of have to go with it. We talked about it a little before, and it seemed like I was probably going to be it. I was at least one of the top guys in line. They didn’t promise me that I was going to be next, but it was talked around that I might be next.”
“I wouldn’t have had to sit out for a year, I probably would have been back in the mix a lot quicker. But I’ve come back, and I’m winning. I think that should put me right back in there. I lost in a weird way; it’s not like I got beat down or anything. A lot of people would like to see that fight finished.”
Bowles is coming off an impressive unanimous decision win over Takeya Mizugaki at UFC 132 in Las Vegas, Nevada, a fight in which he feared he’d broken his hands once again. Luckily for him though it wasn’t serious and he’s able to resume his quest to capture UFC gold later this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive