Tuesday 28 June 2011

UFC 132 – Carlos Condit: “I’m gonna make him famous but it’s gonna be on my highlight reel”

UFC welterweight star on the rise, Carlos Condit has been giving his thoughts on his UFC 132 clash with Dong Hyun Kim this coming weekend in Las Vegas, Nevada, promising to make the South Korean famous by adding him to his own highlight reel.
Speaking via UFC.com Condit said:
“Some guys feel like as long as they play it safe in the cage and have a conservative game plan, then they’re safe. My philosophy is I’m not safe in that cage until my opponent is not moving anymore, until the ref says ‘no more.’ That’s when I’m safe. So I step in there and I try to finish the guy, and that’s when I feel like I’m out of danger.”
“When I started (in the UFC), my first couple fights I don’t feel like I was fighting up to my ability and I’d been trying to find a home as far as a training camp and my last couple fights, I finally got that figured out and I started to show glimpses of what I’m capable of.”
“It is a tough fight in that Kim is less well-known, but he’s a very, very tough fighter. I’m gonna do what I do either way. I’m gonna make him famous but it’s gonna be on my highlight reel.”
Condit is coming off a very impressive first round knockout win over former title contender, Dan Hardy, as well as a last gasp win over Canadian prospect, Rory MacDonald on hostile territory. Stay tuned to MMABay for more build-up to this one as we get it.
By Michael Pepper.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive