Thursday 30 June 2011

Tarec Saffiedine feels Scott Smith will have a hard time making the welterweight limit for a second time

Strikeforce welterweight prospect, Tarec Saffiedine has been giving his thoughts on his upcoming July 30th clash with veteran of the sport, Scott Smith, explaining he feels he’ll have an advantage inside the cage after “The Hand’s of Steel” struggled with the 170 pound limit last time out.
Speaking via Tatame Magazine, Saffiedine said:
“It’s definitely a big fight for both of us. We both need to win, so it’s gonna be a very exciting fight. I train really hard and we are putting on a good game plan with my coaches. (He’s) not the most technical fighter, tough, durable and he has been fighting for a long time.”
“I’m in better position with the weight, it’s gonna be his second fight at 170lbs and I know he had a hard time making it the first time, so I don’t think it’s gonna change a lot for this time, so I’m sure my conditioning will be better than his.”
He is a durable guy so I will have to be smart until the end even if I am winning the fight. He gave some of the greatest come back during a fight so it’s gonna be a great fight. Don’t miss it!”
Saffiedine will be looking to rebound from a decision loss to Tyron Woodley in January, a fight that headlined the Strikeforce Challengers 13 card. The loss snapped a three-fight winning streak. Stay tuned to MMABay for more build-up to this one as we get it.
By Michael Pepper.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive