Tuesday 28 June 2011

Ryan Bader looking to beat a legend, Tito Ortiz tells him to “go f*ck himself”

The light heavyweight clash between “Ultimate Fighter” season eight winner, Ryan Bader and former champion, Tito Ortiz is hotting up nicely ahead of this weekends UFC 132 event in Las Vegas, Nevada, with both men signalling their intent to walk away with their hand raised on the night.
Speaking to MMABay.co.uk via a recent media conference call Bader said:
“I’m training hard, I know he’s a dangerous opponent, I’m not taking him lightly at all. This is my job, and my job is to go out there and win. That’s exactly what I’m gonna do. I want to get to the top, and it starts with this fight right here. I can’t wait until July 2 when I can go out there and beat a legend.”
Ortiz soon snapped and responded with the following.
“He can go f*** himself if he thinks that’s the way it’s going to be. If Bader thinks he’s in for as easy fight, he’s in for a long trip. I want that belt again, but I’ve got to do it one match at a time. Physically I feel like I’ve never felt before. I’m fighting for my legacy, I’m fighting for my life, fighting for my family, for my fans.”
Ortiz has been told by the UFC that he needs to win this fight to stay relevant enough to keep on the roster, meaning it’s do-or-die for “The Huntington Beach Bad Boy” whether he has an excuse this time around or not. Stay tuned to MMABay for more build-up to this one as we get it.
By Michael Pepper.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive