Monday 20 June 2011

Phil Davis likes being the underdog against Rashad Evans

"I like being under the radar. I like being the underdog. I'd prefer people to think that Rashad's gonna win. That leaves me with nothing to do but my job - to get in there and entertain. Anything I do will be like 'Man, I didn't know he knew how to punch? Man, he looks like he's dazed!' Anything I do will be icing on the cake. I like coming in as the underdog. Eventually, I won't be. By the time I get to that point, I'll be capable of coming in as the favorite and just being a strong favorite ... I really don't know where [a win] would put me other than in a really great spot. Really great spot with the company. Really great spot in that title line. It's the next step in my career. This is gonna put me in that elite level of the 205 division."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive