Friday 24 June 2011

James Toney confirms fight with Ken Shamrock, trashes MMA and Randy Couture

Heavyweight boxing champion, James Toney has tonight confirmed he’ll be stepping back into the cage in the month of September to take on “UFC Hall of Famer” Ken Shamrock before trashing both the sport and the the last man to defeat him in competition, Randy Couture.
Speaking via East Side Boxing, Toney said:
“As far as I know, it’s a done deal. The only way the fight won’t happen is if he doesn’t show. But I love Ken Shamrock, he’s beautiful and I’m pretty sure he’ll come to fight. Because I am ready, baby! All these boxers, they’re scared to fight me; so I’m going back to MMA to get a fight.”
“Everyone knows I had problems going into the Randy Couture fight, but the mother f****r never came to fight anyhow. He scored that bullshit takedown. That will never happen again. We offered Randy more money for a rematch and he said no. But Shamrock; he’ll come to fight – I hope, anyway!”
“All I know is he’s down as a legend in MMA, but that stuff don’t mean anything to me. Boxing is a real sport. You have to be retired for five years before you can go in to The Hall of Fame in boxing. In this sport and in wrestling, they put you in straight away and that’s bullshit. There will be no wrestling in this fight; this will be real combat.”
Toney’s one and only outing in the UFC ended in disaster after he was easily taken down by Randy Couture and submitted within the first round. In Shamrock he faces someone who has struggled of late in his own fighting career, losing nine of his last twelve professional fights.
By Michael Pepper.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive