Tuesday 31 May 2011

UFC Quick Quote: Phil Davis is better than Rashad Evans

Photo via Sherdog.com
Photo via Sherdog.com
"I have some good training partners, so, so far, the training is going really well ... I’ll be pretty close to a title shot if I beat him, so I should be doing really well after this win. He’s one of the biggest names I’ve ever fought, and he’s big on out league category. I think he has pretty good wrestling for MMA, but I guess I’m a little bit of a better wrestler, but he’s good in mixing the strikes in wrestling, so it’s not bad. But I think I’m better ... It’s good because Jon Jones has only been winning fights, so, you know, he wins and it’s good because he’ll say: ‘This guy has won all of his fights too,' so he’s doing that comparison now. It’s good."
Surging UFC light heavyweight contender Phil Davis gives Tatame.com a "Wonderful" assessment of his Octagon skills as he heads into a UFC 133 main event opposite former 205-pound champion Rashad Evans on Aug. 6 in Philadelphia. The undefeated wrestler out of Penn State could potentially earn a title shot in early 2012 if he can prove he is indeed sweeter than "Suga" in the "City of Brotherly Love." Anyone think Davis gets the big win in Philly? Or will Evans crack him like the Liberty bell?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive