Friday 6 May 2011

UFC Quick Quote: Jake Ellenberger calls out Jake Shields

via Sherdog.com
"I would love it. I would still love that fight. It's definitely up to the UFC, you know Joe (Silva) and Dana (White), what they want to do, but yeah if I could pick who I fight it would definitely be (Jake Shields). I definitely still think Shields is on that level; he's a top guy. Fighting a guy like GSP, that's a tough feat in its own, but Shields is still a top ten guy in the division. I'm ready, I really feel I'm ready. I'm just ready to face those top ten guys."
Rising welterweight prospect Jake Ellenberger (via MMA Weekly) has his sights set on a "top ten" opponent following his first round destruction of Sean Pierson at UFC 129: "St. Pierre vs. Shields" last Saturday night (April 30) in Toronto. "The Juggernaut" blasted his way through the ex-Canadian cop, running his record to 4-1 inside the Octagon (24-5 overall) with three stoppages. Is he ready for a major step up in competition? And can he hang with an elite ground fighter like Shields? The former Strikeforce champion needs to get back into the win column after falling to Georges St. Pierre, also at UFC 129, but is Ellenberger the right match-up for him? Let's hear your take on this potential fight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive