Sunday 22 May 2011

UFC Quick Quote: Frank Mir isn't looking past Roy Nelson on May 28

Photo
"Roy's a tough opponent. I'm really just looking at this fight; I haven't thought too much beyond it. In the past, I've caught myself looking past people, and I don't want to do that to Roy. He's a pretty tough guy, and I think anybody that overlooks him has ended up having a pretty tough night."
-- Former Heavyweight Champion Frank Mir tells Heavy.com that he's focusing solely on his upcoming fight against Roy Nelson at UFC 130: "Rampage vs. Hamill" on May 28 in Las Vegas, Nevada. This despite his recent claims that he believes he "hits harder than Junior dos Santos" and that he would give Cain Velasquez "the best fight right now." Both of those statements may, in fact, be true; however, it won't matter a whole hell of a lot if he doesn't find a way to get past "Big Country" this upcoming Memorial Day weekend. The two have met once before in a grappling match all the way back in 2003 in which Nelson came away victorious. Is history about to repeat itself next weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive