Sunday 15 May 2011

UFC on Versus 4 – John Howard still wants to settle the score with Johnson, looking forward to Kampmann showdown

UFC welterweight slugger, John Howard has been explaining that he’s taken further issue with bitter rival Anthony “Rumble” Johnson following his last fight inside the octagon, as well as giving his thoughts on his upcoming fight on the UFC on Versus 4 card.
Speaking via MMAWeekly.com, Howard said:
“My beef with (Johnson) is that he went online talking all of this trash (saying) ‘I’m going to stand and bang (with Dan Hardy).’ Then he threw one high kick and took him down for 15 minutes. Really? That’s my beef, he talks so much crap… I’m so sick of him… he talks so much trash and he doesn’t back it up.”
Howard also spoke about his upcoming UFC on Versus 4 showdown with Martin Kampmann, another fighter he’s not afraid to criticise.
“I was kind of shocked. I thought I was going back to the undercard and get some no name to fight (on the prelims). But now I’m on the main card fighting a main guy. Thiago (Alves) is more explosive and has a lot more power. He hits to finish you. Kampmann is more technical. Thiago hits to hurt you, Kampmann hits to score.”
John ‘Doomsday’ Howard went 3-0 in his first three fights in the UFC but his last two bouts have also brought misery for the exciting muay thai practitioner. A doctor’s stoppage against Jake Ellenberger due to a badly wounded eye and a punishing decision loss to Thiago Alves have left Howard in a precarious position.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive