Thursday 5 May 2011

UFC 134 – Yushin Okami on Anderson Silva: “I’m going to take that aura away from him”

UFC middleweight contender, Yushin Okami has been giving his thoughts on his upcoming fight with Anderson Silva on the UFC 134 card on August 27th in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, explaining he plans on taking away not only the title on the night but “The Spider’s” aura as well.
Speaking via MMAFighting.com, Okami said:
“Winning the championship will be proof that an Asian can stand on top of the heavyweight contact sports world. I believe that can also give strength to everyone in Japan and Asia. I hope the people of Japan will feel joy by seeing me fight and seeing me become the champion.”
“It doesn’t matter what he (Silva) thinks. All I think about is defeating Anderson. Of course Chael’s fight does give me some hints, but I am a different person and therefore it will be a different fight. I will guarantee that he will not be bored when fighting me.”
“My opponent is the champion Anderson, the fight is in Brazil, and I am the challenger. I’d say that the table has been set. He’s got an aura that intimidates any opponent. I’m going to take that aura away from him.”
Okami rebounded from a set back against Chael Sonnen in 2009 by racking up three impressive and unusually entertaining wins, including decisions against Mark Munoz and Nate Marquardt. Stay tuned to MMABay for more buildup to this one as we get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive