Saturday 14 May 2011

UFC 131 – Junior dos Santos prepared to fight fire with fire when he faces Shane Carwin in Vancouver

UFC heavyweight number one contender, Junior dos Santos has been giving further food for thought on his new opponent for UFC 131, Shane Carwin, explaining he knows how dangerous “The Engineer” is on the feet but that’s where he’s most dangerous as well.
Speaking via Tatame Magazine, dos Santos said:

“He’s a dangerous guy, he has heavy hands, but where he’s dangerous at, I also am. It’ll be a pretty tough fight for the both of us, and the winner will be the one who gets there more prepared and brings the best game plan.”
“I’ve never chosen a guy to fight against, and when they called me asking if I’d fight Shane Carwin, I accepted it right away. What matters is fighting. I don’t fight since August, and it’s making me feel bad. I’m in a great shape, doing Just fine in my life, but I could be enjoying it more.”

The man dubbed “Cigano” has looked unstoppable since debuting with the UFC three years ago, stopping the likes of Fabricio Werdum and Mirko Cro Cop inside the distance while dishing out a very impressive drubbing to “Ultimate Fighter” season ten winner Roy Nelson. Stay tuned to MMABay for more build-up to this one as we get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive