Saturday 28 May 2011

UFC 130 – Matt Hamill feels Quinton “Rampage” Jackson is a good opponent for him stylistically

UFC light heavyweight star on the rise, Matt Hamill has been giving his thoughts on the biggest fight of his career to date this weekend when he goes head-to-head with Quinton “Rampage” Jackson at UFC 130 in Las Vegas, Nevada, explaining as far as he’s concerned the fight is a good one for him stylistically.
Speaking via UFC.com Hamill said:
“I felt Rampage was a good opponent for me stylistically and he’s such a big name and a star in the sport that I felt it would really do a lot for my career. I’m absolutely not insulted by it and I don’t blame Rampage. He’s been fighting the top guys in the division this whole time, and I know he wanted to fight Rashad (Evans). He’s ranked third or fourth in the world, so I don’t blame him, but I thank Rampage for giving me the opportunity and I’m going to make the most of it.”
“I’m starting to climb the ladder. But I’m getting better. I’m more of a well-rounded mixed martial artist now and every day I learn something new. I’m ready to go to that next level of competition. I’m taking it one fight at a time and not looking past Rampage, but I feel like this is my time, and being a wrestling guy, I look at it like I’m in the semifinals of a wrestling bracket.”
Hamill is on a five fight winning streak at the minute which includes wins over Keith Jardine and Tito Ortiz but despite that many fans are calling this fight one of the biggest mismatches of 2011 so far. Does “The Hammer” really have what it takes to get the job done against the former champion?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive