Tuesday 31 May 2011

TUF 13 Finale – Scott Jorgensen says the pressure is off him having already fought for a UFC title

UFC bantamweight contender, Scott Jorgensen has said the pressure is off him after of his “Ultimate Fighter” season thirteen finale showdown with Ken Stone having already fought for the UFC title last time out, despite this happening inside the WEC cage at the time.
Speaking via UFC.com, Jorgensen said:
“Everybody keeps asking about my Octagon debut, but I’ve already fought for a UFC championship and it doesn’t get much bigger than that. Whether people say it was in the WEC or not – I fought for the UFC belt. It is something that everyone fighting longs for and I’m getting back on track to get that belt. I’ve already fought for the belt, so the pressure is not on me.”
“I fought 10 times under Zuffa and that is more than most guys have ever fought for them. This is not my first rodeo, I’ve been to the big show, and I’ve fought for the most important thing I could ever fight for. I grew up in the WEC, I grew up fighting for Zuffa, I grew up fighting the best guys in the world – it is no different on June 4th. I’m fighting one of the top guys in the world and I’m back to being the good old Scott Jorgensen that everyone loved.”
“The old mentality of mine was to go in there and go 110 mph and make something happen. If I can’t strike with him, then take him down; if I can’t take him down, then I’m going to strike with him. I’ll find a way to win. The biggest thing that helps me put on these exciting fights is that I don’t go into the cage just to win. I want to get the guy tired. I want to drag this guy through hell. I want to make him wish he had took an easier opponent.”
This will be the first time we’ve seen Jorgensen since he lost to current 135 pound champion, Dominick Cruz last December inside the WEC cage. Prior to that he’d been on a five-fight winning streak. Stay tuned to MMABay in the coming days for more on this as we get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive