Tuesday 31 May 2011

Lyoto Machida says he’ll be ready to step in against Jon Jones if Quinton “Rampage” Jackson can’t make it

Former UFC light heavyweight champion, Lyoto Machida has revealed that he’ll be ready to step in against champion Jon Jones for the injured Quinton “Rampage” Jackson if he doesn’t recover from a hand injury which hampered his last fight inside the octagon.
Speaking via Tatame Magazine, Machida said:
“There’s nothing yet, but it’s a great chance for me. I don’t want to create hopes, I don’t know what’s gonna happen, but if they do it I’ll get this big opportunity to restart my walk in the UFC. I’m ready… I’m already moving to another training part, and it’d be ready to fight in 12 weeks”.
“We know Jones is a great champion, he showed why (against Shogun), but everybody has strong and weak points. I haven’t studied Jones’ game yet because he was never ‘my problem’, but I already saw him fighting”
Machida will have to wait and see if Jackson recovers from a fractured hand he picked up around the turn of the year messing around while he was in Japan before re-injuring it when he took on Matt Hamill this past weekend at UFC 130 in Las Vegas, Nevada.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive