Friday 1 April 2011

UFC Quick Quote: Junior dos Santos is looking for one more knockout on June 11

Cigano-stare_medium_medium
"What happened [to Cain] was an accident and accidents happen ... I want to fight for the title but Velasquez got hurt and he can't fight now so I came to coach here on TUF. I'm happy for this and the fight against Brock Lesnar is going to prove I'm the number one contender for the title shot. I will try my best and use my boxing (skills). I'm looking for one more knockout."
Brawny Brazilian bomber Junior dos Santos (via Sherdog.com), who surrendered his division number one contender spot to coach opposite former champion Brock Lesnar on this season of The Ultimate Fighter (TUF) 13, considers the pasty-faced deer dropper as a perfect primer for what he believes is an eventual showdown with current UFC heavyweight champion Cain Velasquez. The great unknown heading into UFC 131 on June 11 is whether or not "Cigano's" takedown defense is good enough to repel one of the division's top wrestlers. Anyone think Brock fakes a touch of gloves and shoots for the double-leg on fight night?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive