Tuesday 12 April 2011

UFC 131 – Junior dos Santos: “I know I can beat Brock, and I will be the next heavyweight champion”

UFC heavyweight number one contender, Junior dos Santos has been speaking about his upcoming fight with former champion and fellow coach on the latest season of “The Ultimate Fighter” reality show, Brock Lesnar, explaining he knows he can beat the man mountain as well as capture the title.

Speaking via MMAJunkie.com, Dos Santos said:
“It was a little bit of a surprise for me. When my manager told me Cain Velasquez couldn’t the fight against me, I asked for another fight. The UFC invited me to coach ‘TUF,’ and I accepted right away.”
“When they give me that fight against Brock Lesnar, I was happy. Because, I’m a fighter, and I fight. That’s what I do to live, and I needed to fight, so it doesn’t matter who’s going to be my opponent. I’m ready to fight right now, and I’m ready to fight always. I know I can beat Brock, and I will be the next heavyweight champion.”
The man dubbed “Cigano” has looked unstoppable since debuting with the UFC three years ago, stopping the likes of Fabricio Werdum and Mirko Cro Cop inside the distance while dishing out a very impressive drubbing to “Ultimate Fighter” season ten winner Roy Nelson. Stay tuned to MMABay for more build-up to this one as we get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive