Wednesday 13 April 2011

Royce Gracie says Rio de Janeiro would be the perfect place to end his career

MMA legend, Royce Gracie has been speaking about the possibility of lining up to fight on the UFC in Rio card at the end of August in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, saying for him it would be the perfect place to bring his long and storied career to an end.
Speaking via UOL Esportes, Gracie said:
“It would be the perfect place to do my last fight. I never fought in Rio de Janeiro and I couldn’t be more psyched. We are negotiating [the fight deal], but we should have it finalized in two weeks. We only had an initial contact and I don’t even have an opponent yet, but we should have that finalized soon.”
“My weight is the same as it was twenty years ago [80kg], I am still training, keeping the blade sharp. I follow a very strict diet. I never drank, never party, Carnaval, none of that… I’m ready to fight.”
Gracie has fought once since his defeat to Matt Hughes back at UFC 60, defeating Japanese legend, Kazushi Sakuraba via unanimous decision at Dynamite!! USA back in June 2007, avenging the first defeat of his legendary career. Stay tuned to MMABay for more on this story as we get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive