Wednesday 2 October 2013

Bisping 'devastated' by redetached retina

Michael "The Count" Bisping appeared on Monday's episode of The MMA Hour, and detailed the eye injury that derailed his Manchester homecoming that was four years in the waiting.
"I was devastated... I was just completely in shock. This is who I am. This is what I do. It defines who I am as a person." 
"They said, ‘Yep, your retina is re-detached," said The Count. "Obviously I couldn't believe it. They said we need to operate ASAP. And I said, ‘Well I'm still fighting in four weeks, so you can't operate. Simple as that.' They said, 'You can't do that. You'll go blind.' I said, ‘I've got to fight in four weeks. Thousands of people have bought tickets, they're expecting me there.'"
          "To everyone involved in the fight, I whole heartedly apologize."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive