Wednesday, 18 September 2013
UFC ANNOUNCES PRESS TOUR WITH MIDDLEWEIGHT CHAMPION CHRIS WEIDMAN AND FORMER CHAMPION ANDERSON SILVA
Newly-crowned UFC® middleweight champion Chris Weidman and former champion Anderson Silva will visit seven cities in seven days to promote their Pay-Per-View rematch at UFC® 168: WEIDMAN vs. SILVA 2, which takes place Saturday, Dec. 28 at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas.
Tickets for UFC® 168: WEIDMAN vs. SILVA 2 go on sale Friday, Sept. 27 at 10 a.m. PT and are priced at $1,000, $750, $500, $300, $200 and $100. Tickets will be available at all Las Vegas Ticketmaster locations (select Smith’s Food and Drug Centers and Ritmo Latino). Ticket sales are limited to eight (8) per person. To charge by phone with a major credit card, call Ticketmaster at (800) 745-3000. Tickets also are available for purchase at www.mgmgrand.com or www.ticketmaster.com. Ticket prices do not include applicable service charges.
UFC® Fight Club™ members will have the opportunity to purchase tickets to this event Wednesday, Sept. 25 at 10 a.m. PT via the website www.ufcfightclub.com. A special internet ticket pre-sale will be available to UFC newsletter subscribers Thursday, Sept. 26 starting at 10 a.m. PT. To access this pre-sale, users must register for the UFC newsletter through UFC.com.
UFC® 168: WEIDMAN vs. SILVA 2, presented by Bud Light®, will be available live on Pay-Per-View at 10 p.m. ET/7 p.m. PT on Saturday, Dec. 28 on UFC.TV, iN DEMAND, DirecTV, DISH Network, Avail-TVN, and in Canada on BellTV, Shaw Communications, Sasktel, and Viewer’s Choice Canada.
The Weidman-Silva 2 Tour Schedule
· Monday, Sept. 23 – Los Angeles, Calif. – UFC Gym in Torrance, 4 p.m. PT: Q&A with UFC president Dana White, UFC® middleweight champion Chris Weidman and former middleweight champion Anderson Silva. Free and open to the public. Media availability with White, Weidman and Silva at 2 p.m. To RSVP for media availability, please email MRadmanovich@ufc.com no later than Sunday, Sept. 22.
· Tuesday, Sept. 24 – Las Vegas, Nev. – Main Lobby, MGM Grand Hotel& Casino, 11 a.m. PT: Press conference with UFC president Dana White, Weidman and Silva. Free and open to the public, streamed live on UFC.com.
· Wednesday, Sept. 25 – New York, N.Y. – UFC Gym – NYC John Street, 5 p.m. ET: Autograph signing with Weidman and Silva for the first 300 fans. Media availability with Weidman and Silva at 3:30 p.m. To RSVP for media availability, please email RGrab@ufc.com no later than Monday, Sept. 23.
· Thursday, Sept. 26 – Bristol, Conn. – ESPN Press Day
· Friday, Sept. 27 – Miami, Fla. – Klipsch Ampitheater at Bayfront Park, 1 p.m. ET: Open workout with Weidman and Silva. Free and open to the public. Media must RSVP to DLockett@ufc.com to participate.
· Sunday, Sept. 29 – Rio de Janeiro, Brazil – Clube dos Marimbás, 1 p.m. BRT: Q&A with UFC president Dana White, Weidman and Silva. Free and open to the public.
· Monday, Sept. 30 – Sao Paulo, Brazil – Press conference (location/details forthcoming) with UFC president Dana White, Weidman and Silva. Streamed live on UFC.com.
All bouts live and subject to change. Visit UFC.com for more information.