Monday 22 July 2013

Fabio Maldonado splits from Team Nogueira


UFC light heavyweight Fabio Maldonado has parted ways with Team Nogueira, a training camp he was a member of for almost a decade dating back to 2004.
His words:

"I told Rogerio Lil Nog and Eric Lobao that I would start an academy but they pretended not to hear me. They would not let me use the name, but others used it for many years," he says.
"Everybody wants to use ‘Team Nogueira.' He let everybody use that name all over Brazil. They have nothing to say about people not being able to use the name. You take an academy in [a provincial backwater like] Belem do Para, the guy uses it and nobody tells him otherwise.

 "Anything they say different from that is a lie. I tell in their faces. I even negotiated, saying ‘well, there are people who used the brand already for more than two years. They told me I couldn't and that the guys who used Team Nogueira's name were hand-picked and that I wasn't one of them.

 "They let guys use the name without paying, but not me. Feijao was three, four years using it for free, since 2009 Team Nogueira's name is used in Sorocaba. I was speaking mainly with Rogerio
Minotouro and Eric Lobao but they were pretending they weren't understanding me. It would have been easier to tell the truth and say they let Feijao use it and wouldn't be letting me use it."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive