Wednesday 12 June 2013

Paul Daley To Headline Cage Warriors 57 Against Lukasz Chlewicki


Five years on from his last appearance for the promotion, Paul Daley will return to Cage Warriors Fighting Championship next month.

The 30-year-old Englishman will face Polish star Lukasz Chlewicki in the main event at Cage Warriors 57 at Liverpool’s Echo Arena on Saturday, July 20.
Ranked as the UK’s top welterweight, Daley (32-12-2) last fought for Cage Warriors back in July 2008 when he stopped Bojan Kosednar by first-round KO.
Daley went on to fight three times for the UFC, before challenging Nick Diaz for the Strikeforce welterweight title in April 2011.

Born in London but now based in Nottingham, Daley has 23 T/KO victories on his record and has overcome the likes of John Alessio, Duane Ludwig and Martin Kampmann during his 10-year professional career.

“I’m excited to be fighting back in the UK again and back at Cage Warriors, which is Europe’s premier show,” said Daley.
“I pretty much started my career here and it’s great to see how the promotion has grown. I’m happy to be part of it and I can’t wait to entertain all my supporters.”
Daley will face a tough test from Chlewicki (10-2), whose only loss in his last 11 bouts came at the hands of UFC star Demian Maia back in December 2005.
After taking a five-year hiatus from the sport, the 34-year-old judo black belt returned in 2010 and has remained unbeaten since.

Chlewicki said: “Taking on one of the best guys in the world, this is the kind of fight I’ve been waiting for. This will be a massive challenge for me, especially in front of his fans, but that won’t affect me at all and I’ll be prepared.
“I want to thank Cage Warriors for giving me this opportunity. On July 20 I’ll prove that they made a good choice.”

Cage Warriors CEO Graham Boylan added: “I’m looking forward to a fantastic main event in Liverpool on July 20 and I’d like to thank Bellator for their co-operation in allowing Paul Daley to compete for Cage Warriors.”
Many more Cage Warriors 57 fights are still to be announced so keep track of Cage Warriors on Facebook and Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive