Wednesday 6 March 2013

UFC champ Demetrious Johnson set to undergo surgery

DJ repping mmablogspot
UFC flyweight champion Demetrious Johnson is set to undergo surgery this Thursday 7th March 2013 at Seattle's Swedish Hospital to repair a torn labrum which forced him off his scheduled bout against John Moraga in April.

"Mighty Mouse" stopped by "The MMA Hour" to talk about the tough decision to go under the knife and when he expects to return:

"You only get one body. It just so happens, Matt (MATT HULME) told me, ‘Your fights are not as hard as your training camps. Your training camps are the hardest things you can do for a fight.' When I'm in training camp, I push my body to where I just get sore, and when I get into a fight, it shows, I never get tired. That's why Matt made me do the surgery. He said, you could probably do this fight against John Moraga and you could possibly win it, or you could possibly lose it. I don't want to take that risk. I want to have a full training camp going into a championship fight. This is not a joke, we take this very seriously. That's why we decided to get the surgery. If things go well, I'm going to push for June 15."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive