Saturday 16 February 2013

UFC Flyweight contender John Moraga signs representation agreement with Malki Kawa

John Moraga has signed a representation agreement with top mixed martial arts (MMA) agent Malki Kawa.

Moraga will face UFC Flyweight champion Demetrius “Mighty Mouse” Johnson at The Ultimate Fighter 17 finale in Las Vegas on April 13.

“Signing with Malki Kawa is an exciting next step for me. I have just begun the most important training camp in my career, preparing for the UFC Flyweight title bout. It is reassuring to work with the top agent in MMA so I can focus solely on my training and doing what I need to do in order to achieve my goal of becoming World Champion,” Moraga said.

“I am excited to add John Moraga to my roster of fighters. He is obviously a championship-caliber fighter and I look forward to being able to assist him with his professional goals moving forward,” Kawa added.

Moraga holds a professional record of 13-1 (2-0, UFC), winning six fights by submission and two by KO/TKO. He has won his last seven fights, with his most recent victory being a third-round submission over Chris Cariaso at UFC 155 in December. The guillotine choke earned him Submission of the Night honors by the UFC. His other UFC win came via knockout in August.

Moraga began training in MMA after a lengthy wrestling career. He was a three-year starter at Arizona State Univ., and was also a two-time freestyle All-American at the University National Championships (2006-07).

Moraga currently trains at The MMA Lab in Glendale, Ariz. and Arizona Combat Sports in Tempe. Fans can follow him on his Twitter handle @ChicanoJohn.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive