Monday 11 February 2013

Dan Hardy eyeing retirement after 2013

Earlier this month Dan 'The Outlaw' Hardy told reporters at the UFC156 media scrum he does have retirement plans, after another run at the Welterweight title.:

"It was just nice to have a couple months over the holidays to just, you know, spend some time with my family and just kind of clear my head of fighting a little bit and think about how I want to approach this year and, you know, really the rest of my career. You know, I'm not in this sport for a great deal longer I'll be honest and I'm ready to give a good run this year and set myself up for a big year next year. [I don't have a retirement] date as such, but I'm ready for a new challenge I'll be honest. There are a lot of things about this sport that I love, and there are a lot of things about it I don't like at all. These are things that obviously, you know, right now is not the right time to talk about them, but later on in my career and after my career then, you know, it's something I want to be more vocal about. As of right now, I just need to embrace that instinctual inner-reptile and make another run at the belt again... I'm very determined to make this a big year for me then step away on top of the sport then step away and do something else for a while."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive