Thursday 31 January 2013

Keith Jardine takes Semi Retirement

Jardine spoke to MMA Fight Corner about his future in MMA

"A lot of people have been pushing me to retire, I've been a shell of myself these last couple years. I've been saying I'm definitely on the shelf, I'm semi-retired, I'm definitely on the shelf right now. I've just been looking at my health and my fitness. The way I've been approaching things has been way wrong. I've been educating myself. I've been doing this Bulletproof stuff. My nutrition was just backwards, my working out was backwards, I was a zombie walking around for the last two years. So that's my approach right now is I'm trying to get myself healthy. And then once I feel like I'm ready to go out and to perform at a level I want to and shock the world, I want to do it. I got to do it again. I don't care if I win or lose, but I just want to go out there and perform and be Keith Jardine which I haven't been in the last couple of years. When I dropped to middleweight it was a disaster, it was stupid. It made everything even worse. It magnified all of my health issues that I was dealing with."

He goes on to say:

"One thing with fighters though, the main thing, and I'm sure that is going to hold true with everybody, I was so stupid back then. I remember I fought Houston Alexander and I got caught in that fight. Well, I was back in the gym the following week helping Rashad (Evans) train and I was just getting hit in the back of the head and I was like, ‘whoa, this doesn't feel quite right.' I knew I wasn't quite right, but nobody was telling me not to. It was like, ‘Hey look at Keith, he's doing a good job, he's the hardest worker in the gym. He's in there training.' I was like no, someone needed to send me home."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive