Thursday 29 November 2012

Matt Brown: Talks PEDs and Swick

The discussion was general in nature, and in no way directed at Swick, who has never tested positive for PEDs, or even been accused.
“I don’t know how many people do them [PEDs],” said Brown, “You never know. The testing that they [commissions] do is not really stopping anybody. If someone makes that choice to do it, with the testing that they have in place right now, I don’t think that is going to sway anybody from doing it and I think that is a problem. I hear all these different numbers, 50% of MMA fighters, 70%, but I don’t think anybody has any idea so we are not going to find out anytime soon unless the testing changes.”
“I let people do what they want to do with their lives. If that is how they decide they want to live their life, then more power to them. They can take all the steroids they want. I don’t think it is helping them as much as they think it is. It is probably more of an insecure thing or a sort of crutch. If they really did increase the testing, which I don’t even know if there is anyway you could, you won’t get rid of it altogether. People will always find a way around it. If there really was a way to just completely get rid of it, I think a lot of guys will have a lot of problem. If they have been taking it for a long time and all of a sudden they don’t have it anymore, what will it do to their minds. It will mess them up.”
“I would like to see one or the other. Either spend the money to stop PED or let them do it. I feel like we are somewhere in the middle and it’s just not a good spot. At this point I think we have some guys that want to stay true to rules and the regulations and then there are these other guys that are bending the rules and twisting the rules and pushing the limits to get better. I don’t think it is a good place. I wish they would just do one or the other really.”
“When I punch them in the face, there aren’t any steroids for the jaw.”
 
 source: theflyingkneemma.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive