Thursday 22 November 2012

Clementi retires from MMA

Rich Clementi on Wednesday told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie. com) that retirement wasn't something he was planning on, but a pair of knee injuries forced the issue.
"(I wasn't thinking retirement) at all," Clementi said. "I would never quit this sport on a loss. It goes against everything I believe in. I actually wanted to come back after my surgery for one more fight till I found out my ACL has been damaged on my other leg, as well. I just feel the shape my body's in, I would be doing myself an injustice as an athlete and a competitor to continue."

But as he calls it a career following his Friday loss to Marcin Held in the semifinals of Bellator's Season 7 lightweight tournament, Clementi said he's content as he looks back.
"At this point, I have no goals to meet – no more to accomplish," he said. "I'm OK with that. I am happy and proud of what I have done."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive