Friday 2 November 2012

Bisping: Fighting winner of Boetsch/Weidman the 'safest' option

According to ESPN UK:

"The winner of Boetsch v Weidman is the natural fight and if I was playing it smart, I'd sit on the sidelines and fight one of them," he said. "I match up really well with both of them. Weidman's stand-up is very very poor, it's not good at all. He's a very good wrestler, very good grappler, but I do well against those guys. I'd get back to my feet and knock him out. "Boetsch I don't particularly rank at all. He's just a tough bastard! I'd have my way with him all day.

"So if I played it smart I'd wait for them to fight at the end of the year, maybe fight the winner in March/April, but I'm not prepared to do that. This is the way I make a living and I want to fight. "I want to fight somebody else in the mean time. I'll take my chance. If I win, great. If I lose, I don't deserve a title shot anyway. I want to fight in January or February. I'd like to fight three or four times a year."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive