Tuesday 30 October 2012

Sean Sherk rejects the notion of retirement

Speaking via MMAWeekly. Sherk said:
“I’ve just been injured. I’ve got some injuries that need surgery, and I really don’t want to have surgery. I’ve had surgery several times in the past, and the whole recovery process, I don’t like it. I don’t like the down time, the three to four months of getting back to 100-percent; I don’t like that. I’m trying to get myself healthy without having any kind of surgery. I mean I feel pretty good. I’d say I’m probably 85-percent, which is pretty good, considering.”

“I talk to Dana (White) from time to time and I talk to Joe Silva from time to time, and it’s just ‘let me know when you’re ready, when you’re healthy and feel like you want to get back in the cage, let me know.’ I’ve got two fights left under my contract with the UFC still, and I wouldn’t fight anywhere else anyways. UFC’s my home.
“I still think I’m a top lightweight even though I haven’t fought in two years. I think you can throw me in there against the No. 1 guy, and I’m going to give that dude hell, if not beat him. I don’t think anyone in the weight class is going to walk through me or look at me as being an easy fight. I’ve been beaten four times in 11 years, and I think that speaks for itself.”

“I don’t think I’ll ever have that mentality (about retirement). Eventually, I’m going to have to come to terms. Eventually, I’m going to have to walk away from the sport, but hopefully that’s not for a little while yet. When that time comes, I guess that’s a decision I’ll have to come to terms with.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive