Tuesday 4 September 2012

Carwin: I'm just an average guy, Nelson a faker

“Listen, he’s a tough guy with a ton of heart. He goes in there and he gives it his everything. My thing is I’ve always said to him, I’d love to see you take this thing seriously and rip off some weight,” said White in March of this year.

 “When you’ve got a chin like that and a heart like that, you can’t deny the guy’s got a great chin, a ton of heart and he can knock people out. If he really could get to 205, he’d be a force at 205. He’d be a scary dude. He’s got great wrestling, awesome submissions, great chin, a ton of heart, and has knockout power.

“Who knows what Roy Nelson could really achieve if he applied himself.”
Carwin also believes that Nelson’s approach of being the ‘every man’ in terms of not walking around with six-pack abs and ripped muscles is essentially not telling the whole story in terms of how he relates to who is actually the ‘average man’ in America.

“I think the other tension is that I am this average guy and I’ve worked my ass off to get to where I’m at, and I started working when I was 15, my mom raised three boys on her own and we were very poor and I grew up working construction and concrete work, and threw boxes at the beef plant, I did everything just to try to survive,” Carwin stated.
“He plays this like he’s this average guy and honestly I don’t think the guy’s ever had a normal job.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive