Tuesday 24 January 2012

Carlo Prater: Joe Rogan made me out to be the villain

carlos prater versus erick silva ufc rio (Foto: André Durão / Globoesporte.com) 
"I think in the end I was made out as a villain. I wasnt laying on the octagon for nothing after the fight. I want that to be clear. I had to stay in the hospital until monday. They(ufc) asked me not to go public because, indeed, that wouldnt do any good for me or Eric. IMO, Mario did the right thing. Its been a long time since rules have been implemented. You are not allowed to do anything you want inside the cage. Watching the fight video i could see at least 9 blows to the back of the head. - Prater said"


"I think the way Joe Rogan behaved was completely unethical. He went with the crowd. A real professional doesnt do that. He was acting like a fan when he should be acting as a shout caster. Mario is a million time more competent than him. Hes been living off this for 20 years. Joe rogan is just a swagger, someone who walks amongst fighters but isnt really a fighter himself. He doesnt understand. Whatever... human beings make mistakes and i am not going to be holding grudges against him"


"I felt really strong strikes to the back of the neck and my right shoulder. They were really painful shock-like sensations. I was trying to take Erick to the ground on instinct. But i couldnt because it was the worst pain i have ever felt in my life. Like my nerves were in shock. I was really scared, i though i had torn something"

via:sportv.globo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive