Saturday 31 December 2011

Brock Lesnar retires from MMA following loss to Alistair Overeem at UFC 141

Brock Lesnar has officially retired from the UFC and MMA following his first round technical knockout loss to Alistair Overeem at UFC 141 tonight (Fri., Dec. 30, 2011) at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada.
Here's what Lesnar said in the post-fight interview:
"My hats of to Alistair Overeem. I've had a really difficult couple of years with my disease. Tonight is the last time you will see me in the Octagon. I want to thank everybody -- the Fertittas, Dana White. Everybody you've been great. I'm here to say that Brock Lesnar has officially retired. I promised my wife, my kids. If I won this fight I'd fight one more time for the title. If I lost, I'd retire."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive