Tuesday 20 December 2011

BRAD “The Crazy Kid” Wheeler Feeling confident



BRAD “The Crazy Kid” Wheeler has dismissed the notion that February’s meeting with Norman Parke at Cage Warriors 45 will be the toughest fight of his career to date.
 The lightweight bout has been fixed for the HMV Forum in London on February 18, when both fighters will aim to extend their five-fight win streaks.

Parke (15-2-0), who’ll be making his Cage Warriors debut, hasn’t tasted defeat since his clash with Joseph Duffy in March 2010 and many believe the young Irishman represents Wheeler’s toughest challenge yet.

Excluding his controversial disqualification against Ian Entwistle earlier this year, Wheeler’s last loss came in April 2010 at the hands of Francis Heagney. But the Romford MMA Clinic fighter has impressed with subsequent wins over Entwistle and Kev Donnelly.

“I think Norman Parke is a good fighter,” said Wheeler (7-5-0). “He has a good record and is pretty good everywhere, but from what I’ve seen of him he likes his fights on the ground rather than on the feet, which is fine with me.

“I think I have better striking and BJJ so I’m very confident of taking this fight. It will be a tough fight but I don’t think he’ll be my toughest.

“When I was 18 and 19 I fought guys like Mark Adams, Wesley Murch, Paul Reed and Francis Heagney. To fight those guys at that age with not a lot of experience at the time was hard.

“But I’ve come a long way since then so no, I don’t think Norman will be my toughest fight.

The 21-year-old added:I’ve improved a lot in the last year and a half – training with the likes of Michael Russell has improved my game so much.

“If me now was to fight myself a year and a half ago, I’d beat me in under a round. Training has been going great, I’m just getting better and better and I want to make some noise in the lightweight division.”
 
Cage Warriors Fighting Championships now available LIVE in USA, Canada, UK, Ireland & Africa via the following TV partners:
                 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive