Tuesday 11 October 2011

O’Keeffe: Cage Warriors is Europe’s best

IT took Steve O’Keeffe just 54 seconds to dispose of Dean Reilly at Cage Warriors 44, as the London featherweight secured his second successive victory on a CWFC card. So, what’s next on the agenda for the 25-year-old?
Image courtesy of Dolly Clew
“I was asked that question as well after I beat Artem Lobov at Cage Warriors 43,” said O’Keeffe (5-1-0), who fights out of Combat Sports Academy in Kent.
“The answer remains the same; I just want to fight the guys that are ranked above me and work my way up the rankings.
“I’ll continue to take the fights my coach gives me. I obviously have the same dream as most fighters but I try to take it fight by fight. When I reach the top level I want to feel comfortable there and really feel like I’ve earned it.”
Reflecting on his submission (triangle) win over Reilly at the HMV Forum on October 1, O’Keeffe says he wasn’t surprised it finished so early: “It ended just as I had anticipated. I was aiming to end it very quickly.
“As a matter of fact, I was practicing that exact set-up on one of our blue belts, Barry Russell, in the warm-up area just before I went down to fight.”
O’Keeffe added: “It’s always a pleasure to fight on Cage Warriors because it’s the top show in Europe. It’s so well-organised and they host amazing fights. Cage Warriors shows off the very best of UK talent.”

Cage Warriors Fighting Championships now available LIVE in USA, Canada, UK, Ireland & Africa via the following TV partners:
                 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive