Tuesday 30 August 2011

Diego Nunes confirms he won’t be fighting at UFC 135, hopes to fight Manny Gamburyan in December

UFC featherweight prospect, Diego Nunes has confirmed that he won’t be competing on the UFC 135 card following the recent withdrawal of “Ultimate Fighter” season five runner-up, Manny Gamburyan, as well as saying he hopes to make the fight happen at some point in December.
Speaking via Sherdog.com, Nunes said:

“I won’t fight [at UFC 135] anymore. The UFC didn’t find an opponent quickly and I also got injured in training,” Nunes explained Monday to Sherdog.com. “I’m suffering with painful tendonitis in my left arm, and I also had a problem in my hometown, where some people tried to murder my father. It was the best decision [to postpone the fight] so I can travel south to see my family.”
“I think I will face him. That’s my main focus now. When I give the green light to my manager, after I’m fully recovered, I’ll talk to him and see if the UFC can match us. I would rather fight more tough and named guys, but we have this feud and it will be cool.”
 
Nunes will be looking for redemption when he does return to the octagon after losing only the second out of eighteen bouts to Kenny Florian at UFC 131 last month. Prior to that he’d been on a three fight winning streak.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive