Tuesday 12 July 2011

Matt Mitrione targets a UFC title in his future but knows he needs to face better competition to get there

UFC heavyweight prospect, Matt Mitrione has been giving his thoughts on where he stands in a talent stacked division following his latest win inside the octagon, explaining his ultimate goal is to capture the title and that the only way he can do that is fight better guys.
Speaking via the Bleacher Report, Mitrione said:
“Getting into the UFC is like getting into the NFL; it’s cool to be there and winning a couple in a row is cool, too. But getting a piece of gold is what I want to talk about.”
“To be honest, I haven’t really accomplished anything, man. I’ve had five fights, now and I’ve fought bottom-tier talent—I haven’t fought the mid-teens or the single-digit talents, yet. Once I do that, I’ll see how that goes. For right now, though, even though I haven’t had a lot of experience, I’m a good athlete, I’m pretty aggressive, and I’m pretty coordinated, so I should succeed against lesser-talent.”
“I need to get another fight and get one step closer to being a contender and accomplish what I’m capable of accomplishing in the sport…When I’m retired or kicked out, if I’m able to get a piece of gold and have it around my waist for more than just one fight, then that will be something that I’m happy about.”
Mitrione showed why he is one of the most talked about heavyweight’s present day when he stopped dangerous juggernaut, Christian Morecraft inside the distance recently on the UFC on Versus 4 show. Will the Las Vegas based promotion start to move him up in term of competition for his next fight?

Follow Matt Mitrione on Twitter

@mattmitrione

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive