Wednesday 4 May 2011

UFC Quick Quote: Mark Hominick will get another title shot after two fights

Photo from Al Bello/Zuffa LLC/Zuffa LLC via Getty Images
"It was a war and we got fight of the night for a reason. He did a lot of damage but like I said I inflicted a lot of damage on him and almost got the finish in the fifth round. ... I think I proved there is no quit in me. I know I was supposed to go in there and I wasn't supposed to make it out of the first round, but I was just trying to finish him. I wanted that belt so bad. ... Oh they were thrilled. They were like heal up and we want you back as soon as you can. In another two fights you will get another crack at the title. I know some of the things I have to work on to take him out. I don't think he would be lining up to fight me to tell you the honest truth."
-- Hema-whatta? Featherweight top contender Mark Hominick went to war against 145-pound champion Jose Aldo at UFC 129: "St. Pierre vs. Shields" on April 30 and while he may have come out looking worse for the wear, he gave "Junior" more of a fight than the Brazilian has had in years. So awe-inspiring was his performance, company President Dana White wasted no time in letting him know (via SportsRadioInterviews.com) precisely how many fights away he is from challenging for the title once again: just two. The fight game is rather fluid, so that could change in the tear of a muscle, but it's promising nonetheless. Anybody got two opponents in mind for "The Machine" as he embarks on part two of his quest to win UFC gold?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive