Monday 30 May 2011

Mike Dolce confirms he’s interested in helping Roy Nelson, says he could get him down to middleweight if he wanted

World renowned nutritionist, Mike Dolce has confirmed that he’s interested in helping “Ultimate Fighter” season ten winner, Roy Nelson get in shape ahead of his next fight inside the octagon, adding he could even help ‘Big Country’ make 185 pounds if he wanted.
Speaking via MMAWeekly.com, Dolce said:
“In my honest and humble opinion, I believe I could help Roy Nelson unlock his full potential as an athlete, as a fighter, but also in health potential as a human being. I used to be 280 pounds, so at five-foot-nine I walked around 20 pounds heavier than Roy weighed in at the UFC, and now I’m 188 pounds this morning at six percent body fat.”
“I can get him down easily if he wants to be a chiseled heavyweight. I can certainly do that. If he wants to be a light heavyweight I can do that. I could probably get him down to middleweight depending on what his goals are. I could do it the most healthy way possible, extend his life, extend his vitality, all of those things. But in the short term take every possible advantage to get the utmost of his ability.”
“The heavyweight division is just filled with guys that walk around not paying attention to diet because they only think in terms of weight class, they don’t think in terms of longevity or athleticism. I like the guy, I’d invite him to my house to have dinner with my family, that’s the criteria for anybody I work with. Roy’s on that list. His wife was very pleasant and personable. They’re good people.”
Nelson is due to meet with UFC President, Dana White for showdown talks following his latest below-par performance inside the octagon and Dolce’s involvement could be enough to delay ‘Big Country’s’ stay of execution for at least another fight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive