Tuesday 24 May 2011

Mauricio “Shogun” Rua thinks Jon Jones is the best fighter he’s faced so far

Former UFC light heavyweight champion, Mauricio “Shogun” Rua has said that as far as he’s concerned current champion and the last man to defeat him, Jon Jones, is the best fighter he’s faced so far in his career and that he’d love to test himself once again down the line.
Speaking via ESPN.co.uk, when asked whether he thought Jones was the best fighter he’s faced to date, Rua said:
“Yes, I think so. After the Jon Jones fight I gave it a lot of thought, I reflected a lot, I thought about my training… everything. I came to some conclusions, but I don’t want to take anything away from Jones, he’s a good fighter. I have given it a lot of thought though because I hope to fight him again one day.”
“I’m used to that [lack of respect] already, ever since I started in MMA it has always happened. I don’t really care, I’m used to that and I have to be focused. Those kind of things cannot hinder me, it’s part of the game.”
Rua faces a tough test next time out when he goes head-to-head with another former champion in the form of Forrest Griffin at UFC 134 in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, a fighter who already holds a submission win over him from his octagon debut. Stay tuned to MMABay for more build-up to this one as we get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive