Friday 29 April 2011

UFC Quick Quote: Randy Couture doesn't want to end up like Chuck Liddell



"To see a guy (like Chuck Liddell) who was the champ for as long as he was ... to be in that situation, I thought as an athlete it kind of sucked. And I didn't want to be in that spot. This is what I love to do. But I don't want to stick around too long and have everybody talking behind my back like that and forcing me to make a decision that I really don't want to make. I want to go out on my terms. I've got a lot of things going on in my life, and this is the right time for me."
When you're winning fights and the fans love you, it's only "Natural" to want to keep riding the wave. But even Randy Couture (via MMA Fighting) knows that wave will eventually break and leave you washed ashore. So will his light heavyweight fight against Lyoto Machida at UFC 129 be his last inside the Octagon? Probably, which is why you can expect a standing ovation for his farewell bout tomorrow night (April 30). If he wins, you might want to turn down the volume on your television, it'll be that loud. Are you ready to say goodbye? Or not until he starts getting laid out like his former rival Chuck Liddell?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive